We are delighted to announce that we have now selected a group of Plymouth-based writers to produce individual pieces of performance work in response to Plymouth’s nationally award-winning LGBT Archive.
Following an open call for submissions, the LGBT Community in Plymouth, in association with We’ll Meet In Moscow, has commissioned a group of Plymouth-based LGBT+ identified writers to shed new light on underrepresented and vital LGBT perspectives in response to Plymouth’s nationally award-winning LGBT Archive plymlgbtarchive.org.uk run by Alan Butler.
The selected writers are: Jon Nash, Jennifer McDerra, Paul Cooke and Jo Lewis, who will also be joined by Alan Butler and Natalie McGrath.
The writers will be asked to:
- Write a ten minute play
- Attend a workshop at Plymouth’s LGBT Archive
- Work with a dramaturg to produce drafts of writing
- Attend development sessions with actors and a director
- Learn how to deliver a community workshop
- Lead a workshop with an identified community in Plymouth
Selected writers are provided with:
- Support from an LGBT-led creative team to address self-identified development goals (team includes director/dramaturg Josie Sutcliffe (Dreadnought South West), writer Natalie McGrath (We’ll Meet In Moscow), Plymouth LGBT Archivist Alan Butler
- A public reading at the Barbican Theatre, Plymouth as part of From Devon With Love Festival (January 2016)
- Second rehearsed reading as part of LGBT History Month celebration (February 2016)
- A £500 fee to include travel expenses
In Other Words is a Vital Sparks funded project seeking to provide new and more established LGBT+ writers for the stage in Plymouth with a crucial creative resource. Details about performances will follow soon.
If you have any questions about Plymouth’s LGBT Archive please contact Alan Butler at firstname.lastname@example.org